Plate that enhances the warmth of wood and the presence of foods
This plate is an essential item for sushi restaurants. It is also used to serve sashimi and tempura, etc. It is made of Akita cedar and hinoki cypress (Honmasa – special wood material processed vertically along the grain). It can be said that the most important role of tableware is to offer an appealing presentation of food. The simple shape of this plate makes Japanese cuisine look more beautiful and appetizing. The sushi plate is a result of dedicated monozukuri (manufacturing things) that has been developed in the tradition of Japanese cuisine.
1) Straight-grained cedar serving plate
2) Straight-grained Japanese cypress serving board
2) JPY 2,900
Yamacoh Co., Ltd.
1) Size: Approx. W 30 x D 9 x H 1.5 cm
Material: Akita cedar
2) Size: Approx. W 21 x D 15 x H 5.5 cm
Board thickness: approx. 3 cm
Material: Japanese cypress
- Product 2 is available in different sizes.
- Contact us for other designs.
- As it is made of natural wood, the color tone and wood grains may look slightly different from those in the pictures.