Naruse’s Organic First Flush Green Tea
First flush green tea is our passion.
Organic tea grown without pesticides
With much love for nature and crop, a dedicated farmer, Saburo Naruse, grows this organic tea without using chemical fertilizer and pesticides. Naruse farm uses food compost, fish powder, rapeseed meal, and soy beans as fertilizers, and the plants are fertilized seven times a year which is more frequent than usual. Frequent weeding is also done by hand. Naruse farm aims to produce tea that meets customer satisfaction. This organic first flush green tea has won the “Nippon no Shoku Ganbare! (Go For It! Japanese Food Products) Selection” award, which is given to domestically-grown, eco-friendly, safe food items.
Masubuchi-en Co., Ltd.
Expiration date: 9 months
How to brew tasty green tea
1. Bring water to boil.
2. Pour the boiled water (about 90mL per cup) into a cup and let it sit for a minute.
3. Place the tea leaves (roughly 3g per person) in a teapot.
4. Pour the hot water over the tea leaves, place the lid and wait for 30 seconds to a minute to infuse the tea leaves.
5. Pour the tea to the last drop so that the concentration and amount of tea are even.
- If boiling water is used, tea’s bitterness will be enhanced.
- Adjust the temperature of hot water, amount of tea leaves, and infusion time to your liking.
- Keep the tea leaves in an air-tight container and store it in a cool dry place.
- Use the tea leaves as soon as possible after opening regardless of the expiration date.